Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Scene Two: TI Fires back @ mother of his children...says she needs to get a job




Earlier this week, mother of Ti's two oldest sons, Lashon Dixon was reportedly taking the rapper to court for an increase in child support. According to Dixon the $2,000 a month that she had been receiving was not enough to support them. The children are Messiah 7 and Domani 8, receive $2000 each from ti, in addition to him providing private schooling, health care, and numerous trips.

On Ti's website Streetcred.com he had a lot to say on the matter, as follows A lot of deceiving information has been reported regarding my recent child support proceeding. It is unfortunate that the media has been used to manipulate the circumstances and distort the facts. Those that know me all know that there is nothing more important to me than my children. I have always supported all of my children financially, emotionally and spiritually. This has always been the case, and I will continue to do so in the future as this is my responsibility as a parent."

The rapper also went on to say "I have also made an attempt to help Lashon with additional payments that have included a down payment to purchase her home, purchase of an automobile for her transportation and other financial obligations," the statement continued. "These expenses are documented and are far in excess of the $2,000 cash payment that is being paid direct to Lashon. She has chosen not to work and to live 100 percent from her child-support receipts. This is the reason for her difficulties in making ends meet for herself. Not only do I support my boys 100 percent financially, I am also committed to their emotional and spiritual growth. While I would enjoy the luxury of being present for all of my children's activities, unfortunately the demands of my career and the need to secure my family's financial security, as well as insuring my kids' personal growth, dictates that I travel constantly and work tirelessly."

Sounds like he is a very good father to me, and Lashon needs to get off her ass and get a job instead of using her child support money on her self. I'm not one to choose sides, but i have to say that Tip talks about his kids all the time and he's not neglegent to them, and $2000 is more than enough money for an 8 yr old. The fact that she doesn't have a job is not making me like her any more either.

No comments: