Sunday, November 16, 2008

Scene Two:Kanye Speaks on incident with the Paparazzi in London




Here is what Mr. West had to say about his recent run in with the paparazzi earlier this week in London:

“Paparazzi give real photographers a bad name,” West said. “A picture is worth a thousand words, theirs are worth a thousand dollars. Right now the paps are above the law and the people they shoot are below it. What should be illegal is pictures taken with the intent to sell, like drugs with the intent to sell or crossing customs with enough merchandise to have the intent to sell. The exploitation of my image is the problem. It produces a ‘by any means necessary’ behavior that cause the paps to drive recklessly on freeways, jump over fences and invade privacy all in an effort to get that money shot. You shouldn’t be able to sell a picture of me without my permission…let us not forget the paps killed Princess Diana.”

“I am protecting my personal space since there are no laws to protect that for me,” West wrote. “I’m a normal person that’s just famous. I refuse to sneak in and out of back doors and kitchens of hotels, etc.”


I agree with Ye 100% on this one, they invade your privacy and there are no laws to protect you from it. He is absolutely right, if someone is getting to close to me I'm gonna spazz out too. The paparazzi go too far sometimes look at how many times they have crashed into Lindsey Lohan and Brittney Spears' vehicles and still have not been charged, it's ridiculous. Vice versa they come into your personal space and run you over with their cars to get "money shots", and the minute you finally react they're trying to file a lawsuit against you or call the cops and tell them that they've been assaulted. SMFH @ the Paps and I think there should've been a law in place to prevent this from happening after Princess Diana's death.

No comments: